It's not a pecan pie without maple and bourbon! Forget the boring old pecan pie, add some flavor to it with Cedarvale Maple Syrup and some Bourbon. No baking expertise?? Not a problem. It is shocking how easy this recipe is. The special ingredient, Cedarvale Maple Syrup, will not let your pie fail. The entire family will love it...even the in-laws.
Which Cedarvale Maple Syrup should you use?? Our recommendation is Dark or Very Dark. The maple flavor will elevate your pie to the next level and pairs great with the flavor from the pecans.
A special trick when you are making your pie, use store bought pie crust because it will save you some time. Also, put aluminum foil around the top edge of the crust when you put it in the oven. This will help your crust from burning.
When serving...we highly recommend serving with Cedarvale Maple Ice Cream and whipped cream.
1/2 cup light corn syrup
1/2 cup packed brown sugar
1/2 cup granulated sugar
1/2 cups Cedarvale Maple Syrup
3 large eggs
1/3 cup butter, melted
2 tbsp Bourbon
1 1/2 tbsp corn starch
1/2 tsp vanilla extract
1/2 tsp salt
1 1/2 cup pecans chopped
1 cup heavy cream
1/4 cup Cedarvale Maple Sugar
Directions for combining ingredients:
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Butter a 9-inch pie pan and spread out the pie crust in the pan.
3. In a large mixing bowl combine all the filling ingredients and whisk until all the ingredients are combined.
4. Pour the ingredients from the large mixing bowl into the pan on top of the crust. Then place the whole pecans on top.
5. Bake for 45 minutes or until center is firm.
6. Beat the heavy cream with the maple sugar until stiff peaks form.
7. After pie has cooled, top with whipped cream and serve. Serves 8-10.
Enjoy this delicious holiday pie with friends and family!