- 4 cups all-purpose flour (will need more for rolling the dough)
- 4 ½ tsp baking powder
- 3 tbsp cane sugar
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ¾ whole milk (any milk will work)
- 3 tbsp unsalted butter
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 5 tsp ground cinnamon
- 2 tbsp unsalted butter melted
- 3/4 cup heavy cream
Maple Glaze (Double Recipe for Extra Glaze):
- 1 ½ cup confectioners’ sugar
- 3 tbsp unsalted butter melted
- 1 ½ ounces cream cheese, softened
- 4 tbsp Cedarvale Maple Syrup
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder, cane sugar, ground cinnamon, and salt.
- In a small bowl, microwave the whole milk and butter until melted. Then pour into the large mixing bowl with dry ingredients and mix together.
- Flour a countertop and knead the dough for about 1 minute until it forms a smooth ball. Add more flour if the dough feels sticky.
- Cover the dough with a damp towel and let rest for 15min.
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. Then grease a large baking dish.
- Lightly flour your work surface and roll out the dough in a rectangular shape until it is about a ½ centimeter thick.
- In a small bowl, melt the butter for the filling. Also, in a different bowl, mix together the brown sugar and cinnamon.
- Brush the melted butter on the top surface of the dough. Then layer the brown sugar mixture evenly on the top surface of the dough.
- Then, roll the dough up from the long end and cut into 1 ½ wide pieces.
- Place the rolls in the large baking dish. Pour the heavy cream over the rolls.
- Bake for 25 - 30 minutes.
- While the rolls are baking, melt the butter and soften the cream cheese for the maple glaze.
- In a medium-size bowl, whisk together the melted butter, cream cheese, confectioners’ sugar, and Cedarvale Maple Syrup.
- Once the rolls are baked, pour the glaze over the rolls while they are in the dish. Let cool and enjoy!!