Sweet Veggies for Breakfast!
Do you enjoy a little sweetness for breakfast? But are also health conscious?
We highly recommend our Maple Cream and Roasted Carrot Toast! Maple Cream is an all natural product loaded with minerals, contains a lower glycemic index than other spreads, and is so incredibly delicious. Then pair with roasted carrots and now you've got a serving of vegetables for breakfast. Our favorite bread to use is a multigrain or wheat bread but really any bread will taste great.
If you aren't familiar with Maple Cream...Maple Cream is a form of maple syrup with less water and whipped using a secret method to turn maple syrup into a spread. FYI this product needs to be refrigerated and has a shelf life of about 4 months.
Our recommendation for roasting carrots is to cut carrots into cubes roughly 1/2 inch x 1/2 inch x 1/4 inch. Then put them on a pan with olive oil and place the pan in the oven until the carrots are no longer crunchy.
Prep Time: 10 min
Cook Time: 15 min
3 tbsp Cedarvale Maple Cream
1 Large carrot
2 slices of bread (wheat, multigrain, etc.)
1 tsp olive oil for greasing carrot pan
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees
- Cut carrots into 1/2 in x 1/2 in x 1/4 in cubes and place them on greased pan.
- Place carrots in the oven for about 15 minutes or until no longer crunchy. Toast bread as desired.
- Spread the Cedarvale Maple Cream on your toast and top with carrots
- Enjoy your nutritious and sweet toast!