Cedarvale Maple Pecan Pie
By: NYS Maple Producers Association
Store bought pecan pies do not compare to the deliciousness of a Cedarvale Maple Pecan Pie! No baking expertise?? Not a problem. It is shocking how easy this recipe is. The special ingredient, Cedarvale Maple Syrup, will not let your pie fail. The entire family will love it...even the in-laws.
Which Cedarvale Maple Syrup should you use?? Our recommendation is Dark or Very Dark. The maple flavor will elevate your pie to the next level and pairs great with the flavor from the pecans.
A special trick when you are making your pie, use store bought pie crust because it will save you some time. Also, put aluminum foil around the top edge of the crust when you put it in the oven. This will help your crust from burning.
When serving...we highly recommend serving with Cedarvale Maple Ice Cream and whipped cream.
1 cup packed brown sugar
2/3 cups Cedarvale Maple Syrup
3 large eggs
6 tbsp butter, melted
2 tsp vanilla extract
1/2 tsp salt
1 cup pecans chopped
1/2 cup pecans whole
1 cup heavy cream
1/4 cup Cedarvale Maple Sugar
Directions for combining ingredients:
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Butter a 9-inch pie pan and spread out the pie crust in the pan.
2. In a small saucepan on low heat, whisk together butter, brown sugar, and Cedarvale Maple Syrup until smooth and combined. Then let the mixture cool for 10 min.
3. In a large mixing bowl combine the remaining filling ingredients, except for the whole pecans, and the ingredients from the saucepan. Whisk until all the ingredients are combined.
4. Pour the ingredients from the large mixing bowl into the pan on top of the crust. Then place the whole pecans on top.
5. Bake for 45 minutes.
6. Beat the heavy cream with the maple sugar until stiff peaks form.
7. After pie has cooled, top with whipped cream and serve. Serves 8-10.
Enjoy this delicious holiday pie with friends and family!